International Education Fair in Medan
Person-in-charge: Mohd Khairul Afzan Bin Mohd Lazi
Date: 8 Sept 2019
Venue: Adimulia Hotel, Medan Indonesia
- The population of the fair is around 200 – 300 people and the hall size is about 2 classrooms. 60% of the Indonesian Chinese that came by our booth spoke Hokkien and the rest spoke English.
- Some students came by the booth as they were curious. Scholarship is an important factor.
- According to the agents and other institution staffs, it is somewhat their culture to look for scholarships and in fact, they will enroll beforehand to secure their scholarship.
- The Agent gave promotion for free ticket flights or IELTS fee if the student register during the fair.
- The Agent also did a “free mock IELTS exam” whereby they were able to attract students.
- IMPERIA College can consider Medan a place for student recruitment by working closely with the local agent.
- The amount of leads collected is 23 and overall it was a successful fair attended.
Career in Built Environment
Venue: SMK (P) St. George’s, Pulau Pinang
Speaker: Ms Murni Mohamad, Acting Head of Department of Real Estate Management & Development
Date: 12 Sept 2019
Took place at the school hostel hall, Dewan Zubaidah, SMK (P) St. George’s on 12th September 2019 (Thursday) from 9.30 am to 10.30am. The number of the participants for the School Talk is estimate around 120 students who are currently in Form 5. The host was the School Counselor, Cikgu Faizah. The talk was about the career talk and we emphasized on the Built Environment since IMPERIA College is offering the Built Environment programmes. Students were exposed to the current trending job that is related to the Real Estate and Quantity Surveying. At the end of talk, 4 students were given the lucky draw prizes. We also offered our programmes for the student to further studies which carries 50% scholarship for certain courses and FREE English Enhancement Camp for the SPM leavers to improvise their communication and writing skills while waiting for their SPM result.
MoA Signing with Yayasan Pendidikan Malaysia
Date: 26 August 2019
Venue: Imperia College, Subang Jaya
The memorandum of agreement for collaborative agreement was signed between Imperia College, Subang Jaya and Yayasan Pendidikan Malaysia (YPM) on 26 August at Imperia College. The MOU was signed by Dr Katherine Poh , CEO of Imperia College, accompanied by Ms Nurjuliana Mohd Nazari, Registrar and Ms Farahwahida Bujang, Executive Director, accompanied by Nurulfadhilah Che Mohamad Zulkifly, the head of strategic relations and operations. In prior to the signing, expectation of further cooperation between two parties was discussed in a friendly atmosphere.
Imperia College wishes to collaborate with YPM to materialise its mission by promoting B40 students throughout Malaysia via various tertiary programme such as Diploma & Bachelor Degree within YPM’s registered education institutions.
Time Management Talk
Speaker: Ms Niranjana Arullappan, Qualified Counsellor Imperia College
Date: 6 August 2019 Venue: SMK Sri Pantai, Kuala Lumpur
The talk has been given to Form 5 students. Topic chosen for the talk is Time Management and motivation to go through the breaking point of their life which is SPM examination. The students were excited during the talk as gifts were given on and off during the talk. At the same time, some students really feel grateful as they feel that they really need time management as well motivation to face the upcoming examination. We also offered our programmes for the student to further studies which carries 50% scholarship for certain courses and FREE English Enhancement Camp for the SPM leavers.
Lucky Draw to 3D2N Stay at Bukit Gambang Resort City
SPM students win 3 days 2 nights stay at Bukit Gambang Resort City (BGRC)
Date: 26 August 2019
Venue: SMK Subang Jaya, Selangor
Lucky Draw Winners
The mock voucher has been presented by the Ms Juliana who is the Registrar of Imperia College to the students and witness by the school counsellor Puan Suhana.